A new shared use path has been installed on part of Coventry Road, Nuneaton, as it approaches the Griff Roundabout. This has come about as part of the recent new development of a couple of industrial units – but given modern infrastructure standards, it falls short of what should have been built, including:
- No good feed-in from the main carriageway;
- Conflict at crossing points
- Near-side signalling at toucans offer poor visibility
- Some lampposts intrude on the tarmac
- Poor crossing of an as yet unfinished side road
- Narrowing of shared space
- Pointless “cyclists dismount” sign.