Local Maintenance Issues

If you know of specific maintenance issues that need addressing, you may wish to raise these for resolution. If so, it is unlikely to be a daunting or time-consuming process. Instead, it can be quick and easy to submit reports for matters relating to (amongst others):

  • Abandoned vehicles,
  • Bus stops,
  • Car parking,
  • Dog fouling,
  • Flooding or standing water on roads,
  • Fly-tipping,
  • Graffiti,
  • Gully or manhole defects,
  • Hedges, trees or Japanese knotweed,
  • Obstructions or hazards on the road,
  • Parks and landscaping,
  • Potholes,
  • Road markings or signs,
  • Street lighting,
  • Traffic lights

The website FixMyStreet allows you to pinpoint problems on a map, describe and submit them. Then the platform will send the report to the appropriate authority, saving you the need to worry about where to raise problems. By creating an account with the site, you can keep an eye on all the reports you have submitted, provide updates if nothing is done or something changes, and mark them as resolved when the matters are fixed.

Alternatively, if you know where issues should be sent (e.g., potholes on local roads would be the responsibility of the county council or unitary authority), you may find the authority has an easy to use system for submitting reports. Warwickshire County Council has a very simple online system for submitting pothole reports, for example, that takes no more than a minute or two per report.

If you know of a problem, don’t stay silent. Help out your local authorities by submitting details – after all, they can’t fix what they don’t know about!

Find me on Mastodon