This website is provided as is and no liability is accepted in the event of any inaccuracy or error. The following simple terms apply to all users with respect to copyrighted material.
- Unless otherwise stated, content on this page is copyrighted and may not be reproduced elsewhere without permission. This includes text articles, images, videos and any other media.
- Some (but not all) of my images are provided under a non-commercial Creative Commons licence. Usage for non-commercial purposes is permitted under the limitations of that licence (shown with the images in question). Commercial usage requires written agreement.
- Some content (particularly, but not limited to, certain images) may be owned by third-parties and licensed for use either on a commercial basis or through their own Creative Commons terms. I am not responsible for further licensing of such content. If any user to this site wishes to make use of that content themselves, they must abide by the licensing terms of the third-party, be that through their own direct commercial agreement, or as applies under the terms of the specific Creative Commons licence.
- Any commercial use of my content (including journalistic and press usage) must be by prior agreement and not taken out of context. Any agreed usage may be revoked if the terms and limitations of that agreement are not met.
- Where content has been reproduced without agreement, or content has been used in violation of the terms and limitations of an agreement, the user will be liable to ongoing usage charges, retrospectively applied, and continuing until such use ceases.
Monetary Donations and Subscriptions
Any user who wishes to make a donation in support of my cycling, the website, the podcast, and the advocacy work I do, does so in acknowledgement of the following points.
- Donations and subscriptions are entirely voluntary; no user is obligated to send any money.
- Whilst users may make as many one-off contributions as they wish or (if offered) subscribe at any level or duration, no-one should donate any more money than they are comfortable with or can afford.
- Once made, donations or contributions are non-refundable.
- The purpose of a donation or subscription is for the user to contribute towards the effort and expense in creating existing content and hosting of the website up-to the time of the donation, to support advocacy work done to date, or for any other purpose as defined through the donation platform (i.e., the “Goal” on Ko-Fi). There is no guarantee of ongoing content creation, website availability, or further advocacy work. Unless explicitly stated otherwise as part of the contribution process, it does not result in any reward, perk, benefit or special status being given to the donor. Donations and subscriptions do not entitle the contributor to any editorial control or influence.
- If a goal or target is specified, the intention will be to use donated funds for that purpose. However, plans can change. In this event, or if contributions exceed the target level, then funds will be used in support of the website, podcast, and/or general advocacy work (including paying for my time writing articles, producing videos etc.). In other words, donated funds will always support my cycling and/or advocacy in some manner; they would not be used to directly fund a non-cycling related purchase or activity.
- Donations or contributions (whether one-off or recurring) do not provide ownership (whole or partial) of any product purchased or service obtained with that contribution.
- Visitors making a contribution via a donation or subscription are not entitled to bypass the Community Rules when engaging in discussions on any platform hosted or managed by the site owner. Comments may still be deleted, posting privileges revoked, and/or accounts blocked where user submissions fail to adhere to the Community Rules. Such actions will not entitle the user to a refund of their contribution.
- Donations cannot be used as a substitute to an agreement for licensing content, unless explicitly agreed in writing. Donations do not absolve any infringement of copyright where a usage agreement has not been established.
- A user may only make donations through the provided services and must adhere to any terms applicable to that service.
- All donations are accounted for in respect to my tax obligations.